Welcome to the HPCI Website!
The Health Policy Corporation of Iowa (HPCI) is Iowa’s business group on health. HPCI has identified two goals and is engaged in a joint initiative in Iowa to address fundamental issues in the health care system through collaborative efforts and the use of sound purchasing and quality improvements principles.
- Goal 1: Employers (purchasers) receive the greatest value for dollars invested in health care in local markets and providers receive economic and other incentives to improve performance.
- Goal 2: Contribute to improvements in the health of the community.
HPCI Efforts Focus on the Following:
- Transparency of health care performance; public reporting of health care provider cost, quality, delivery, patient safety and outcomes;
- Consumerism in health care;
- Bridging health care and its customers (customer-focus, linkages and benchmarks);
- Applying quality/cost/delivery/safety (QCDS) metrics and other LEAN tools;
- LEAN Enterprise; LEAN health care transformation; TPS and LEAN/Six Sigma;
- Purchasing on the value stream;
- Support and apply national efforts such as the Consumer- Purchaser Disclosure Project, Catalyst for Payment Reform, Business Roundtable founded Leapfrog Group, National Quality Forum, Agency for Health Care Research and Quality, and CMS Health Care Compare.